Join an awesome team driving the design of amazing user experiences for New Zealand's most interesting, progressive and complex organisations.
In this role you'll apply your diverse User Experience skills to a range of projects and domains, helping our clients to deliver useful and usable experiences to their customers and staff across digital channels and devices.
You’ll be a confident speaker and communicator who can clearly articulate your decisions and recommendations to a range of stakeholders and team members. Moving between big picture strategy and the details of design and technical implementation is something you are comfortable with. You'll be adept at analysing data from a range of qualitative and quantitative sources, and guiding the development of user and stakeholder research and engagement programs.
You'll be comfortable leaping into the unknown and coming out the other side with a clear rationale and vision for what is needed, as well as strategies for how you'll test those assumptions and proposals. You'll enjoy developing this vision with your team and clients, and helping the team stay focussed on these goals throughout the project, from initial discovery through concepting, solution and delivery phases.
- You’ll help design and implement discovery & experience design processes to better understand the client opportunities or challenges from multiple perspectives (i.e. user perspective, business perspective, technological perspectives, futurist perspective, etc).
- Translate abstract ideas and requirements into appropriate, tangible user experience artifacts to help the team align on activities and actions for delivery.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align with business and product strategies, while maintaining UX design cohesiveness across a variety of touchpoints.
- Advocate for the prioritisation of human centered changes, refinements, and improvements.
Experience and skills:
- 4-7+ years of experience working in relevant Design industry as experience design and or strategist.
- Proven impact applying design strategy methodologies to produce successful outcomes from discovery through to implementation.
- Experience with a range of existing and emerging experience design tools and techniques, including user research and usability testing.
- Proven ability to manage workflow, project plans and delivery of high quality outcomes.
- Experience facilitating workshops and alignment activities.
- Experience with the processes of sketching, conceptual design, wireframing and prototyping and usability testing.
- A ‘big picture’ approach in helping establish, support, and engage teams, while still managing the details.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Create and present documentation, findings and points of view material.
- Confidence and resourcefulness when faced with an unclear path.
- Proficiency in interaction and experience design principles
- Exposure to large-scale enterprise challenges
- A relaxed, cross disciplinary team environment where everyone's expertise is valued
- Challenging, large scale, high profile clients and projects
- An opportunity to apply, share and grow your UX expertise
- A commitment to ongoing professional development and learning
- Collaborative long term partnerships with great clients from sectors such as banking, museums, insurance, tourism and local and central government.
Digital Arts Network combines strategy, design and technology to deliver remarkable user experiences. We have studios in Auckland and Wellington. This role is a Wellington-based role.
Like the sound of this job?