Senior Frontend Software Engineer
We're currently looking for a Frontend Software Engineer to join us and help us develop beautiful, accessible, responsive applications and UI solutions. We are looking for a software engineer who brings excellent understanding of frontend development, design patterns, and experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver commercial web applications.
What we are looking for
Our Frontend Software Engineers live and breathe all things UI. As an experienced developer we’d look for experience with:
- HTML and CSS and CSS Pre-processors
- Knowledge of one or more frameworks/libraries such as React, Angular, Vue
- Unit testing experience (Mocha, Jest, Enzyme)
- Developer tooling (Git, NPM/Yarn, Webpack/Rollup/Snowpack, Grunt/Gulp)
- Working with RESTful services and APIs
- Familiarity with Typescript
- Familiarity with design systems (Zeroheight, Storybook) and component libraries such as Material UI, Tailwind or similar
- Understanding of CI/CD processes and automated testing
- Some exposure to cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP)
You are passionate about good design patterns, performance, and quality. You've got a strong sense for how to get stuff done but recognise that a good build is about manageability of code, as much as how it works and looks. And that great user experiences begin with user needs.
You are passionate about Design Systems; you care about process and build quality and are always looking for ways to improve not just our outputs but the way we work.
You can think strategically, tactically, empathetically, and visually. You're a natural communicator, excited by collaborative approaches and the opportunity to work directly with users, stakeholders, and other technologists.
You’ve been exposed to the underlying patterns and systems that govern good modern digital build: Design systems, component-based design, responsive web design, TDD and automated testing, RESTful Services and APIs, code linting, peer review and much more.
You are excited about solving problems and solutioning as much as building things.
You are not afraid to embrace new technology and have a “How might we” mindset.
Other skills required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adeptness with leading IDEs
- A determination to achieve and succeed
- The ability to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Familiarity of working as part of a full delivery team
- The ability to see projects through from inception to production
- Consistency regardless of project size
- Good organisational skills that support the rest of the team
- The motivation to maintain and improve practice standards
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
- A relaxed, cross-disciplinary team environment where everyone's expertise is valued.
- Challenging, large scale, high profile clients and projects.
- An opportunity to apply, share and grow your UX expertise.
- A commitment to ongoing professional development and learning.
- Collaborative long term partnerships with great clients from sectors such as banking, insurance, tourism and local and central government.
About Digital Arts Network
Digital Arts Network combines strategy, design and technology to deliver remarkable user experiences. We have studios in Auckland and Wellington. This role is an Auckland-based role.
Apply for this role
Like the sound of this job? Apply now